Healthy Grazing Country Indicators
Healthy Grazing Country Indicators is a publication explaining the value of native plants and animals on grazing properties.
"The aim of this booklet is not to provide landholders with any hard and fast rules, but to compliment or build on the knowledge they already have about a particular native plant or animal. This booklet describes the benefits that these plants or animals bring to a property and the links they provide in maintaining a sustainable grazing enterprise that endures seasons."
The publication includes a number of different native species and outlines the following headings:
- What do they look like?
- Where do they live?
- What do they need to live, eat and breed?
- When might I see (or hear) them?
- What management actions affect this species?
- How do they benefit the land I manage?
- Similar Species
List of Animals
- Holy Cross Toad
- Yellow-headed Snapping Turtle
- Grey-crowned Babbler
- Brown Treecreeper
- Bush Stone-curlew
- Little Button-quail
- Red-backed Fairy-wren/Variegated Fairy-wren
- Double-barred Finch/Black-throated Finch
- Noisy Miner
- Square-tailed Kite
- Squatter Pigeon
- Crested Pigeon
- Giant Burrowing Cockroach
- Wolf Spiders
- Yellow-bellied Sheathtail Bat/White-rumped Sheathtail Bat
- Rufous Bettong/Spectacled Hare-wallaby
- Desert Mouse/Delicate Mouse
- Sand Goannas
- Burrowing Skinks
- Northern Collard Delma
- Rainbow Skink
- Mulga/King Brown Snake
- Frill-neck Lizard
This is a legacy website. Content is not being updated but is kept as an archive.
Updated NRM information is now held in the NQ Dry Tropics NRM Information Portal at http://nrm.nqdrytropics.com.au/.
while corporate information about NQ Dry Tropics is held on our main website at http://www.nqdrytropics.com.au