Welcome to the Dry Tropics Wiki. This is an information portal where we store data and knowledge related to the Burdekin Dry Tropics region and the work we and others do within it.
We recognise that positive change, whilst individually not impossible, is better achieved through collaboration and working together. Therefore, this wiki is designed to be a searchable information resource to help you better understand and manage the natural resources of the Burdekin Dry Tropics.
Click the links on the navigation menu to the left or use the search box at the top of the page to find information relating to the Burdekin Dry Tropics region.
Alternatively if you are not sure what you are looking for, browse the Wiki's Contents. We have information on topics such as:
- the landscape and wetlands of the Burdekin Dry Tropics,
- the iconic native animals and plants,
- weeds and advice on how to control them,
- water quality and catchment condition,
- the Traditional Owners of the Dry Tropics region, and
- the projects NQ Dry Tropics and others in our community are undertaking.
Data entry is carefully moderated in this wiki to prevent malicious or deliberately incorrect entries. If you would like to contribute to this wiki, please go to our contribution page, alternatively you are welcome to provide feedback on existing information.